Raspberry Pi 3 Model A Plus
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 family range, weighing in at just about 29g. Like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ , it boasts a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4 GHz, dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.2/BLE.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ has the same mechanical footprint as the older Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ .
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ will remain in production until at least January 2023.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ extends the Raspberry Pi 3 range into the A+ board format.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- Single USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Touch Display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- This product should only be connected to an external power supply rated at 5 V/2.5 A DC. Any external power supply used with the Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use.
- This product should be operated in a well-ventilated environment and, if used inside a case, the case should not be covered.
- While in use, this product should be placed on a stable, flat, non-conductive surface and should not be contacted by conductive items.
- The connection of incompatible devices to the GPIO connection may affect compliance, result in damage to the unit, and invalidate the warranty.
- All peripherals used with this product should comply with relevant standards for the country of use and be marked accordingly to ensure that safety and performance requirements are met. These articles include but are not limited to keyboards,monitors, and mice when used in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi.
- The cables and connectors of all peripherals used with this product must have adequate insulation so that relevant safety requirements are met.
To avoid malfunction or damage to this product, please observe the following:
- Do not expose to water or moisture, or place on a conductive surface while in operation.
- Do not expose to heat from any source; the Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is designed for reliable operation
- at normal ambient temperatures.
- Take care while handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed circuit board and connectors.
- While it is powered, avoid handling the printed circuit board, or only handle it by the edges to minimise the risk of electrostatic discharge damage.