Difference between revisions of "X835"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
* PCB Size 163mm x101mm
* PCB Size 163mm x101mm
Latest revision as of 17:32, 26 March 2020
- It's time to use idle hard drives. you can DIY a small NAS, music player or something interesting with X835 expansion board for Raspberry Pi 4.
- The X835 expansion board provides a complete storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B; The X835 3.5" SATA adapter can support up to 10TB 3.5 inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD).
Tips about 3pcs DC 5V OUT Port:
When use external latching switch on X835 board, please do not connect 2pin power cable to DC 5V OUT nearby USB2 and USB3.
What do you need to use Raspberry Pi 4 X835 3.5 inch SATA HDD Storage Board?
- 1. A Raspberry Pi 4 Board
- 2. A DC 12V ≥3A Power Supply
- 3. A 3.5 inch SATA hard disk drive(HDD)
- 4. A X835 Metal Case (optional, will release in the future)
- Operating System: All Raspberry Pi operating systems
- Supports up to 10TB 3.5 inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD)
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4
- USB 3.0 connectivity offers plug-and-play functionality on your Raspberry Pi 4
- Quick file transfer with high-speed USB 3.0 connectivity from a PC or a Mac
- External Self Powered - Do not require power from Raspberry Pi USB port
- PCB Size 163mm x101mm
Installation User Manual
- 1 x X835 HDD expansion board
- 1 x USB 3.0 A Male to A-Male Data cable
- 1 x 2-Pin Power Connection cable
- 1 x Power daughter board
- 4 x Spacer F/F M2.5 x 12mm
- 4 x Spacer F/F M3 x 32mm
- 8 x Screw M2.5 x5mm
- 8 x Screw M3 x 8mm
- Power supply: 12Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A
- Ports & Connectors: DC jack - 5.5x2.5mm
PS: As we know that the power supply is very important to the hard disk, so please do not use the low quality power adapter. Please use a high quality power adapter, or you may encounter problems such as not recognizing the hard disk.
How to connect X835 and X735?
NOTE: X735 use DC 5V/4A power adapter, X835 use DC 12V/3A power adapter, so DON'T directly connect the 12V/3A PSU to the X735，otherwise the X735 will burn out.
Matching Metal Case for X835
Please refer to X835 Case.
- 1. How to use external power switch for X835 board?
- A: 1. Please use latching switch only and not use momentary switch; The jumper socket fitted for "PWR ON" must be removed when using an external latching power switch. 2.All the board, cable, jumper connections must be under power-off station.
- 2. What power supply requires for X835?
- Answer: The X835 reuqires 12Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A power supply with DC jack - 5.5x2.5mm.
- 3. Where to connect the power supply?
- Answer: Whatever to use with X735 or not, the PSU must be connected to X835 DC 12V IN port, not X735 or Raspberry Pi.
- 4.How to use external power switch for X835 board?
- Answer: Please use latching switch only for X835 and not use momentary switch; The jumper socket fitted for "PWR ON" must be removed when using an external latching power switch. All the board, cable, jumper connections must be under power-off station.
- 5.How to connect the X735 with X835?
- Connect the 2pin power cable from X835 "5V OUT" to X735 "5V IN".
- Connect another 2 pinc power cable from X835 "PWR Ctrl" to X735 "5V OUT".
- 6. How to set the Jumper cap on X735?
- Answer: The "L-SW" pin must be shorted when use X735 latching switch port to connect an external latching switch.
- 7. How to connect the power switch in the X835 metal case?
- Answer: Connect the power switch to X735 "Latching Switch" port when use with X735.