This is new updated version from X872.
- We removed the DC JACK power socket of X873, X873 is powered via USB 3.0 connector.
- We use shorter copper spacer to connect Raspberry Pi 4 and X873 V1.2, which reduces the height of the entire product, so the matching metal case X857-C3 is shoter 3mm than X857-C1;
- We have solved the EMC interference issue between Raspberry Pi 4 and USB3.0 device ON X873 V1.2.
- But if you use a metal shell like X857-C3, then you can only use 5.8G wifi AP, 2.4G wifi will not be available(be shielded by metal case);
- As a Raspberry pi NAS device, we advised that you use ethernet network to replace wifi, this will be more stable and reliable.
How to Power X873
How to power X873 if you don't use X735
How to power X873 when you use X735
How to select your power adapter
If you have a good quality usb type c power adapter, you can also use a TYPE C power adapter to supply power through X735 type c, otherwise we suggest you choose our power adapter with DC 5525 JACK
Matching Metal Case
We use shorter copper spacer to connect Raspberry Pi 4 and X873 V1.2, which reduces the height of the entire product, so the matching metal case X857-C3 is shoter 3mm than X857-C1;
Please refer to X857-C3.
- About USB boot please refer to Does the X825/X855 support USB boot
- Tutorial – How to Initialize, Partition and Format a Brand New SSD in Windows: File:Tutorial Initalize New SSD.pdf
Q1. Does the X873 support Optane Memory?
A: Sorry, NO, this is not tested.