mSATA SSD Shield, NO include mSata SSD
After continuously collecting customers' feedback, we have updated and released this fanal version of the mSata port SSD: X857. It is upgraded from X855 (1st generation) and X856 (2nd generation).
This X857 mSATA SSD Shield expansion board provides a complete storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, only mSATA interface SDD hard disk is suitable for X857 mSATA SSD extension board; Support up to 2TB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD); Now it is time to build a mobile hard disk with a mSATA SSD for your Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
|For Use With
||Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
||All Raspberry Pi operating systems
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 - mSATA SSD Shield
- Supports up to 2TB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD)
- Integrated USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller
- Integrated high efficiency step-Down Converter, 3.3V max 4A to power the SSD
- Allows booting OS from your HDD/SSD for faster app opens, web serving and file copying (see notes)
- LED blue indicator indicates drive status
- External self-powered or USB bus-powered
- Onboard DC jack & XH2.54 connector for extra SSD power supply (Additional power may be required only when using a large capacity hard disk)
- PCB Size 85mm x 56mm
- Fully compatible with X735 for intelligent power management and cooling your Raspberry Pi
- Fully compatible with X710 for wide input voltage (6~36V) and intelligent power management
- Fully compatible with X765 for powering over Ethernet (POE, 5V 5A)
- Fully compatible with X725 for uninterruptible power supply (18650 UPS, 5.1V 8A, WOL)
|Power Supply I/O ports
- - Power supply: 5Vdc +/-5% , Powered via Pi's USB port
- 5Vdc via micro-USB socket
- - Ports & Connectors: USB socket - USB 3.0 type A x1
- 52P Mini PCI-E mSATA slot x1
- A microSD card is required for forcing the Raspbian OS to use the HDD/SSD for its "root" partition
Do not power your Raspberry Pi via the Pi's 40-pin header and type-C socket at the same time.
- 1 x X857 mSATA SSD shield (Not including mSata SSD)
- 1 x USB3.1 jumper
- 6 x Screw M2.5 *6mm
- 4 x Spacer M/F M2.5 *12mm
- 4 x Spacer F/F M2.5 *8mm
- Please refer to: How to Run Raspberry Pi 4 or 3 Off an SSD or Flash Drive
- Tutorial – Tutorial Initalize New SSD
- Setting the permissions for your HDD /SDD in Raspbian
sudo chown pi:pi /media/pi/<HARD-DRIVE-LABEL> location
Change the owner to pi and all users should have full r/w/x permissions
sudo chmod 777 /media/pi/<HARD-DRIVE-LABEL> location
Make your HDD/SSD readable, writable and executable by everyone
Q1: Does the X857 support USB boot?
A: Please refer to Does the X825/X855 support USB boot
Q2: What msata SSD is recommend?
A: It is not recommend use Samsung brand SSD, and you can choose other brand that you like.