NOTE: The following operation is tested base on 2020-05-27-raspios-buster-full-armhf.img.
1. Enabled I2C support on the Raspbia.
Select 5 Interfacing Options and then P5 I2C - Enable/Disable automatic loading. A prompt will appear asking Would you like the ARM I2C interface to be enabled?, select "Yes"
2. Install I2C-tools software package.
sudo apt-get install python-smbus sudo apt-get install i2c-tools
3. Download the required script
git clone https://github.com/geekworm-com/x750.git cd x750 chmod +x x750.sh
4. Install&run the script
sudo bash x750.sh
This command will gernerate a new x750ups.py in the current path, in generay, the current path is /pi/home, please remember this path, you will use this file soon.
5. Setting up the command to turn off X750 from software
printf "%s\n" "alias x750off='sudo x750shutdown.sh'" >> ~/.bashrc sudo reboot
6. Test the safe shutdown command
7. How to read the battery voltage and percentage?
sudo python x750ups.py
NOTE: you can use the following command to search x750ups.py file if you don't know where this file is;
sudo find / -name x750ups.py