Why did X708 come out？
Although we provide a compelete raspberry pi NAS solution with NAS shield(X825/X857/X829/X835 etc.),X735 and matching metal case, but we still have received many feedbacks that want to support UPS, so we have to respond to this request.
Our original intention of designing X708 is to match with NAS shell (such as X829-C1, X857-C1, X825-C7) to provide a raspberry pi NAS solution with UPS function. In order to save space, we must separate the battery from the UPS expansion board when designing . This is also the biggest difference between X708 and X728;
The X708 is an advanced uninterruptible power supply expansion board for all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header. It provides 5.1V Max. 8000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding Raspberry Pi set ups, intelligent and safe power management, safe shutdown，AC power loss/ power adapter failure detection , auto power-on, full poweroff from software, and a cooling fan.
The X708 reserves the 40-pin header that can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards for enhanced applications. The X708 can also be used with the X825/X828/X829 (2.5" HDD/SSD Shield) and X857/X862/X872(MSATA/M.2 SSD shield) for safe data backup.
Some key features:
- Excellent UPS function such as Power Loss Detection(PLD), Automatic Safe Shutdown(ASD), Auto Power On(AON) etc., DC 5V Max. 8A output;
- With cooling fan, no extra cooling solution.
- HAT size. Separate the battery from the expansion board, which can save a lot of space, which will bring more flexibility.
- Reserved two kind battery port (XH2.54 and PH2.0), supports 3.7V 18650 lithium battery and 3.7V lithium polymer battery, No capacity limit, only request 3.7V lithium battery (No include lithium battery)
What you may care about
A: I want to a NAS storage solution, Does X708 support?
Q: We have received many feedbacks that want to support UPS, so we design the X708 base on X728, we separated the battery holder from the UPS expansion board to save space, thus X857-C1(metal case for mSata NAS solution), X829-C1 (metal case for dual 2.5" sata NAS solution), X825-C7(metal case for singel 2.5" sata NAS solution) can hold the all accessories needed for the complete NAS solution. There metal case can hold 2 cell 18650 battery holder.
A: I want to use a larger capacity or more 18650 batteries, what should I do?
Q: In this case, the inside space of metal case is definitely not enough, but you can place the battery outside the metal case. We have reserved a hole at the back of the metal casing for you to connect to the battery cable.
A: Is there a corresponding UPS NAS solution for 3.5-inch hard drives?
Q: Sorry, There is no UPS NAS solution for 3.5-inch hard drive because the 3.5-inch hdd request 12V voltage, so we have no plans to support this demand for the time being. BUT you can refer to X835//X832, and they can solve some of your needs, they need external power supply.
Safety Instructions and Warnings
You must read these safety instructions and warnings before charging your batteries.
- Lithium Polymer and Li-ion batteries are volatile. Failure to read and follow the below instructions may result in fire, personal injury and damage to property if charged or used improperly.
- Never make wrong polarity connection when charging and discharging battery packs. Always double check polarity of battery's connector to make sure "+" to "+" and "-" to "-".
- Do not mix and use old batteries and new batteries, or batteries with different brand names.
- Lithium batteries has it's cycle life, please replace old battery with new one when it reaches it's service life or when it is two year old, whichever comes first.
- When charging Battery Pack, please put battery in a fire proof container. Please don't leave the X708 on the wood material or carpet and unattended.
- Must keep the X708 away from children.
- Please watch Main Video and Tutorial Video regarding 18650 batteries at: https://www.staysafebattery.com/en/
|FOR USE WITH||
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+/ 2 Model B / 3 Model B / 3 Model B+ / 3 Model A+ / 4 Model B
Smart and powerful Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
Intelligent and safe power management
Integrated cooling fan that allows the heat from your Raspberry Pi to dissipate!
- 1x X708 Expansion Board
- 8x M2.5 *5mm Screws
- 4x M2.5 *12+6mm Spacers
- 4x M2.5 *12mm Spacers
- 2x Jumper link Pitch 2.54mm
Q:What battery is recommended for X708?
A:Please use big brand and high quality batteries, like PANPASONIC, Toshiba... Also the batteries for X708 must have built-in protection circuit.
Q: Which lithium battery can be used:
A: to meet the following 2 conditions
1. Working voltage: 3.6V-3.7V
2. Maximum voltage after full: 4.2V
Q: What type connector to request for lithium battery?
A: X708 provides two type battery connectors: PH2.0-2P and XH2.54-2P, you can connect two battery at the same time, BUT please use the same model batteries, also please pay attention that the polarity of the XH2.54 and PH2.0 connectors is different.
Q: About auto shutdown, found your board will auto shutdown.
A: Please check if enable the ASD function (shorted the ASD header), if you enable the ASD function, please sure your oeration is right: first, place the battery into the battery holder, insert the jumper to ASD header after 3 second,this is very important!!