How to install the image to your pi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Format the micro sd card
Format tools: File:SDFormatterV4.zip;
Download this tool, and format your SD card firstly!
Write firmware to micro sd card
- Insert the SD card into your SD card reader and check which drive letter was assigned.
- You can easily see the drive letter (for example G:) by looking in the left column of Windows Explorer.
- You can use the SD Card slot (if you have one) or a cheap SD adaptor in a USB port.
- Download the File:Usbit162.zip or File:Win32DiskImager.zip utility from the here(it is also a zip file); you can run this from a USB drive.
- Extract the executable from the zip file and run the Win32DiskImager utility; you may need to run the utility as administrator. Right-click on the file, and select run as administrator.
- Click write and wait for the write to complete.
- Exit the burn tools and eject the SD card.
- Select the drive letter of the SD card in the device box. Be careful to select the correct drive;
- if you get the wrong one you can destroy your data on the computer's hard disk!
- If you are using an SD card slot in your computer and can't see the drive in the Win32DiskImager window, try using a cheap SD adaptor in a USB port.